Lush Volcano, Body Shop Soothing Foot Scrub & Intensive Foot Rescue Review

21.10.14

    The Volcano Foot Mask is used for dry and tired feet - just like mine! I inherit it from my mum, even though I hardly move - my feet get callused and dry so quickly. I was in the queue at Lush in Canterbury, whilst already holding a Lip Scrub and Massage Bar and saw this foot mask on the counter beside me (this queue was loooooong!). I knew I needed it. I picked it up, read it over and decided it was for me. 




    This is what Lush claims it does:
    "When 
    you’re on your feet all day, this is the perfect pick-me-up. The cooling and invigorating mask contains powerful deodorising ingredients and brightening papaya, while the pumice means it also doubles up as a foot scrub. Ideal for warming wintry feet, or for getting summer sandals-ready."

    And that's exactly what it does. 
    To use, you smear the mixture on your feet in a thick layer, then cover your feet in plastic (I used cling film, but you can use plastic bags too) and leave for 10 minutes, scrub your feet and rinse off. However, the instructions differ on the tub and the website; the website says leave for 20 minutes. 10 minutes did just fine for me!
    These are my feet with the mask and cling film on! (gross I'm sorry)



    All of this may be hard without a partner if you're unco-ordinated like me! It's messy and fiddly, so you should really have someone helping you if you're not a fan of mess.
    Anyway, after I scrubbed and rinsed, my feet were left smooth and my the hardness of my calluses decreased. I loved it! And it's going to be in my bathroom throughout the winter - to help my feet survive the growing cold.

    I finished the pampering of my feet by using the Body Shop's Soothing Foot Scrub - which I absolutely love.

I love this little gem, it smells wonderful and buffs the dry skin off my feet and softens calluses. I'd recommend it to anyone! I also love Lush's foot scrub, but find it really messy - I prefer the tub of Body Shop scrub.
To top it all off, I smothered my feet in Peppermint Intensive Foot Rescue.
Again, it smells gorgeous - but didn't make my feet feel any better. I think I'll be trying Lush's Fair Trade Foot Lotion instead. 

Sources: The Body Shop and Lush's websites. 

Thanks for reading!

Amy xox

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day :) I will respond to all of them, thank you!